|You Are Here: Home :: Rules & Officials :: SafeSport
SafeSport – Where Your Game Plan Starts
We all have a role to play in creating a healthy setting for sport. SafeSport helps raise awareness about misconduct in sport, promote open dialogue, and provide training and resources. When we work as a team, we can build a game plan to make sport safe―for everyone.
Recognize: Learn about the different types of misconduct in sport.
Reduce: Develop a strategy to ensure athlete well-being.
Respond: Know how to take action before there's a problem.
The USOC has mandated that each National Governing Body (NGB) prepares and instills SafeSport programming.
USA Volleyball is a forerunner with this training and full organization rollout plan and as a member region, Iowa Region is also fully invested in this program as well.
LEARN MORE HERE!
Need to report an abuse or misconduct?
USA Volleyball requires the reporting of sexual misconduct by or of any member and strongly encourages reporting of any concerns related to SafeSport. Please read over the Report Abuse information to fill out a Report Abuse Form.
FLOW CHART of what to report and to whom.
At the Regional level, feel free to also call the Iowa Volleyball Region SafeSport contact: Michelle Goodall: [email protected], (515) 727-1860 or (515) 229-6114.
To reach out directly to the National Office SafeSport contact, 1-855-306-7775
Don't attempt to evaluate validity before you report.
Within the guidelines of the 5 year roll out plan for full certification, this year it is important that our Region Office, Board Members, Region Program Staff, Club Directors and Coaches of junior teams all complete the 90 minute certification course.
While our rollout plan includes these individuals, ANYONE is welcome to the free course.
SafeSport Certification Process:
1) First, please know that beginning with the 2014-15 season, all USAV (for fee) IMPACT and Beach IMPACT courses will also address SafeSports and all attendees will automatically obtain SafeSport certifications with their IMPACT.
However--if you plan to attend an Iowa Region (Free) IMPACT clinic, you must take this training before your IMPACT clinic.
2) For SafeSport training continue with these steps to add this important, required certification:
- Look up & record your USAV member number (from Webpoint) as you will need this to register for the SafeSport course.
- Follow THIS LINK to the USOC Training Site
- Follow the STORE link, and select the free SafeSport training
- On the next screen, select the gold "Add to Bag" button
- On the next screen, select the red "Checkout" button
- On the next screen, follow the gold Register for Team USA account prompts
- Register for a Team USA account (creating a new user name and password--not necessarily your Webpoint ones)
- Select "USA Volleyball" as your organization ...and input your USAV number (as obtained earlier on Webpoint)
- Continue to begin coursework.
Please know that the full training is ~90 minutes. You are welcome to leave the course at any time (and pick up where you left off) if you are not able to complete the course in one sitting. All certifications will be added to your Webpoint membership (and reflected on rosters/membership cards, etc) within 7 days.
NOTE: If you ever have trouble with the USOC SafeSport site, try these suggestions as a possible remedy:
1. Log out of your SafeSport account
2. Clear your cache history (browser history)
3. Log back into your SafeSport account
Thank you so much for your compliance with this new requirement. Thank you also, for spreading the word on this important training. Everyone needs to hear this information. #FTK (Taking one from the Dance Marathon motto--for the kids!)
Questions on any SafeSport Training, contact Michelle Goodall at [email protected]