Upcoming Iowa Region Reffing Opportunities
From Craig Werner, Iowa Region Referee Chair:
The upcoming 2011-2012 USA Volleyball season will be busy in Iowa, along with some new things that will be happening.
- First, we will be hosting the Advanced Referee clinic along with a National clinic in Iowa this January (similar to 2010). I would appreciate if someone would step up to coordinate this event, or at least help with the planning. A final date needs to be determined soon.
- Next, Lynne has asked we conduct a few more face-to-face clinics this season with a new DCR being published. This will give us a chance to explain the 2 libero rule for the upcoming season. I will probably be asking many of you to help with the clinics in your area.
- New for the coming season, we will be holding Regionals at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, along with a few outlying sites. We are contracting with a company to bring in courts and run the tournament. We still need to coordinate the officials and staff the tournament. Dates will be March 17-18 (older) and March 24-25 (younger). Also, we are already in negotiations to have the 2013 Regionals in Cedar Rapids.
- Finally, next summer the 2012 USA Volleyball Junior High Performance Championships will be held in Des Moines! Opening ceremonies will be on July 23, 2012, and the tournament runs from July 24-28. The Iowa Region will provide line judges, assistant scorekeepers, and other staff. Referees and scorekeepers are assigned by USA Volleyball.
- For those interested, adult nationals will be in Salt Lake City, Girls JNC will be in Columbus, OH, and Boys JNC will be in Dallas. That's all for now. Please let me know if you are willing to help out with the Advanced/National clinic in January.