Gold / Silver Tournament Schedules
Qualifying Series Tournament Schedule
You WILL NOT sign up for tournaments through this site. All tournament sign ups will occur at www.iowaregionvolleyball.com.
December 6 - 8:00AM 17U and 18U
December 6 - 10:00AM 12U and Younger
December 7 - 12:00PM 13U and 14U
December 8 - 6:00PM 15U and 16U
Qualifying Tournament Series -- NEW!
Qualifying Tournament Series for 15U and Older Age Groups
To enter into the Iowa Regional Qualifying Division (to receive a bid for nationals) a team must compete in their age group in at least ONE of the tournaments in the series.
If you are interested in entering one of our Qualifying Tournaments or Power Leagues you may now see the list and contact those Tournament Directors. Teams only need to participate in ONE Qualifying Event to be eligible to register for the Qualifying Regional Tournament on March 28-29 in Cedar Falls.
Remember, this series is only for the 15U and older age divisions! Teams 14U and younger do not have htis requirement to enter the Qualifying Regional Tournament in March in Cedar Falls.
2015 QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT SERIES SCHEDULE
Sanctioning a Tourney or League
How to get your tournament on the calendar:
- Fill out the Qualifying Tournament Series Form Here.
- Fill out the Gold/Silver Tournament Form Here.
- Qualifying Tournament Series Tournaments will be posted on the Region Website starting November 1st.
- Gold/Silver Tournaments will be added to the online calendar and can be viewed at www.iowaregionvolleyball.com starting November 15th.
Important Dates for the 2014/15 season:
- WEDNESDAY OCT 29, 2014: tThe Date Qualifying Series and League events need to arrive to make Opening day. After this date tournaments and leagues will be added as they arrive.
- MONDAY, NOV 3, 2014: Opening date for teams to enter Qualifying Series Tournaments and Leagues. As tournaments and leagues come in they will be added, but to make the opening day get your events in by
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Sanction forms must be submitted (online) by NOON to guarantee the tournament will be on the initial tournament calendar.
- TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2014: Final day to make changes to your tournaments.
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 3, 2014, at 5PM: Tournament Directors may begin manually entering their own teams into their tournaments. We will not be "saving" any spots this year; it is the tournament directors responsibility to manually enter their own teams into their tournaments. You may manually enter up to 50% of your open spots prior to the initial registration day.
Iowa Junior Regionals Tournament Info
If you are running a multi-day tournament, and want to get it on the USA Volleyball National calendar, follow these guidelines:
The USAV Events Department is preparing the 2014 Multi-Day Junior Tournament Schedule. The following format and procedures will be required in order for your event to be posted on the USAV website this coming junior season:
- The event must be a multiple day competition for each age division(s) being offered (one age division on Saturday and a different age division on Sunday is NOT considered a multiple day event).
- Proof of regional sanction (Sanction # or email from region office).
- Complete results posted preferably on a direct URL to your web site or in an excel document e-mailed to the Events Department ([email protected]).
- Tournament information listed in the following sequence:
- Name of Event
- Division(s) offered
- Location – City, State and Region
- Contact Person or program
- Phone/Fax/Cell (all if being used)
- E-mail address
- Website link
Only USAV regionally sanctioned events will be posted. Please send your events to me by Monday, November 25th for posting ([email protected]).
You can now view tournament results, team points, and team season reports on our website! To look up results by tournament or by team, click on the link below.
Tournament Results Area
Please note that tournament directors enter the results from their tournaments, so results may not immediatly be available online. In addition, total points are updated each day at midnight.
Tournament Director Handbook
It is our goal for all volleyball tournaments in the Iowa Region to be successful and well organized. Good organization before the tournament can prevent many problems the day of the event. Effective planning can enhance your enjoyment, as well as the participants enjoyment of the event. Well run tournaments lead to the continued success of volleyball in the Iowa Region.
Tournament Director Handbook (PDF)
Tournament Director Essentials
Iowa Region Tournament Levels
Tournaments in the Iowa Region are one of three levels:
- Qualifying Tournament Series: Teams must enter ONE of these tournaments to be eligible for Qualifying Regionals.
- Gold: Combined gold and silver level teams. Age or grade teams.
- Silver: Beginning or developmental level teams. Age or grade teams.
Note that the tournaments are classified by level, but teams themselves are not ranked as Gold or Silver. Teams may self-select which tournaments they play in (as long as they meet the age/grade criteria). The Gold/Silver classifications are a method of helping teams find tournament in which they can compete against teams at their same approximate level.
To view the Jr Tournament Schedule/Calendar & enter junior tournaments, go to: www.iowaregionvolleyball.com
Tourney Sign Up Dates for Qualifying Series Events & Leagues is November 1st.
The Qualifying Series events and Leagues will be invite events. The calendar for these events will be posted November 1. All teams wishing to enter the Qualifying division at the Iowa Regionals must enter one of the Qualifying series events. To enter send your information to the email address of the listed Tournament Director. Our of Region teams may sign up for these events as well, but Iowa Region teams have priority.
Tourney Sign Up Dates for Gold & Silver Events the 2014/15 season:
We will have sign-up beginning in waves--once an age group opens for entry, it will remain open.
The time refers to the age group offered by the tournament.
- TOURNAMENT SIGN-UP.
Saturday, December 6th, 8 am: 17u & 18u
Saturday, December 6th, 10:00 am: 12U and younger
Sunday, December 7th, 12:00pm (Noon): 13u and 14u
Monday, December 8th, 6:00pm: 15u and 16u
How to enter your team into a tournament:
Important Tournament Registration Info
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION - Registration is at www.iowaregionvolleyball.com
TUTORIAL - We have put together a tutorial about how to sign up for a tournament. It is located on YouTube using this link or click on the image below.
TOURNAMENT OPENINGS E-MAIL
If you did not fill your schedule or get into all the tournaments you wanted, please do not despair! Spots will continue to open and more tournaments will be added.
Every Tuesday during the tournament season an email with Tournament Openings will be sent out.
If you are directing a tournament and have openings, please email Brett ([email protected]) with the date, age group, and number of openings. Please type it EXACTLY how you want it on the email.
TO DROP A TOURNAMENT
Note: Teams should not drop from a tournament to enter another tournament on the same date.
If you need to drop from a tournament, fill out this form
Tournament Drop Request
AND email the tournament director with the following information:
- Team Name
- ID number (6-digit registration ID number)
- Tournament Date
- Tournament City
- Tournament Age group
- Tournament Director
Tournament refunds may come from the Tournament Director, if they find a replacement team. Any Sanction Fee refunds ($10 of the entry fee) for online registration will come from Iowa Region Volleyball. The processing fee is not refundable.