Important Info for Club Directors
2013-2014 New Rules PowerPoint
2013-2014 New Rules notes to PowerPoint
Tournament Sanctioning & Registration
Concussion Rules by State
THS Housing Loyalty Customer Rewards
Jersey Rules for the 2013-14 Season
Club Director Meetings 2013-14 Season
Sunday September 29th in Cedar Rapids,
or Sunday October 27th in Des Moines
Did you miss the meetings??
Follow this link to attend the webinar to fulfill this requirement:
Club Director Meeting Webinar
Deadline: Each club must have fulfilled this requirement by December 1st, or 2 weeks after the club registers.
You must also pick up your rulebooks at the office, or call 515-727-1860,
For reference, here are the Powerpoint presentations from the meetings/webinar:
Everything you need to know about running a club:
Club Personnel Information:
Website Management for USAV Teams
ClubSpaces.com offers FREE Web Management for USAV clubs
Start a Junior Club
Basics for Forming a Club
- Club Defined: Even a single team not affiliated with any other teams is a club.
- Pick a club name that is not being used. (Send in a club activation form so the club is a choice for online membership registration.)
- Complete the online Club Activation form.
- Forming teams is it by invitation, tryouts for all positions, tryouts for positions not filled by invitation?
- Decide on how playing time will be worked out ? earn spot, everyone plays some?but go for the win, or fairly equal time (= time not possible, = pts easier).
- Find a gym for practice time.
- Get a coach ? all adults on the team must be registered members and have a background screening.
- Coaching course Requirement. All coaches must have IMPACT coaches training by February 15. (Free class offered around the Region.)
- Adult Officiating Requirements. (NEW 13/14 Season) You must have at least 1 registered adult that will complete the officiating clinic and test and attend a live officiating mechanics clinic to be a 1st referee for playoffs. You must also have 1 other registered Adult who has completed the scoring clinic and tests and attended a mechanics clinic. For 16U and younger matches this Adult must sit at the scoring table and be either the Scorer or the Libero tracker (or score flipper - edited 1/15/14). For 17 & 18U competitions this Adult may serve as the R2 instead of the Scorer or Assistant Scorer.
- Junior Officiating. The kids will need to watch the online PowerPoint clinics to be referees and scorers.Teams must have R1, R2, Scorer, Libero Tracker and 2 Line judges.
- Figure out what costs you are going to charge the kids ? uniforms (figure out if they need sweat suits), coaches, gym rental, number of tournaments, etc.
- Uniforms & Libero Jersey Rules
- The tournament schedule will be updated on My Online Camps as received and sanctioned. Teams will be allowed to start registering for tournaments online the first Saturday in December.
- Register through USAV on line. Players and coaches should get online and register for the new season before that so you have an official team roster ready to go.
Parent Information Site
Parent Information on USA Volleyball Grassroots Page
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child's many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.
S is for smiling at the growth and the glow.