Important Info for Club Directors
2013-2014 New Rules PowerPoint
2013-2014 New Rules notes to PowerPoint
Tournament Sanctioning & Registration
Club Handbook Template and Documents (coming soon)
Concussion Rules by State
THS Housing Loyalty Customer Rewards
Club Director Meeting 2014-15 Season
Only ONE option is planned this year. Please plan to attend. If you as the club director are unable, please appoint another representative to attend for you.
Mandatory Annual Club Director's Meeting:
- Date: Sunday September 28
- Location: Pella Recreation Center (308 SE 9th Street, Pella IA 50219)
- Time: 1-3:30pm. Check in prior to event onsite.
- We expect a crowd! The facility has a limited supply of chairs available for our use....bring your own chair if you'd like. No outside food and drink, please.
- Door Prizes! We have some pretty awesome door prizes which will be awarded in the Club Director's meeting including $100 and $50 2015 Regional entry fee vouchers!
- Other optional events/meetings onsite that day:
- Iowa Region Board of Director's Annual meeting: 10:30-11:30am
- Iowa Region Junior Awards Annual presentation: noon-12:30pm
- Work Session and Extended Q & A session with Iowa Region Staffers: 3:30pm-4:30pm
As of SEPTEMBER 1, 2014, it is required that either the Libero or their teammates wear a solid color jersey. Please watch the following video from USA Volleyball.
(Click Image for Video)
Want information on numbering? Please click here ...
Everything you need to know about running a club:
Club Personnel Information:
For Club use:
Website Management for USAV Teams
ClubSpaces.com offers FREE Web Management for USAV clubs
CLUB DIRECTOR NEWS & E-MAILS
NEW this year!
Check here for past newsletters and emails.
SafeSport Information and Training
For SafeSport information and training, follow THIS LINK.
Start a Junior Club
Basics for Forming a Club
- Club Defined: Even a single team not affiliated with any other teams is a club.
- Pick a club name that is not being used. (Submit a club activation form so the club is a choice for online membership registration.)
- Complete the online Club Activation form.
- Forming teams is it by invitation, tryouts for all positions, tryouts for positions not filled by invitation?
- Decide on how playing time will be worked out ? earn spot, everyone plays some?but go for the win, or fairly equal time (= time not possible, = pts easier).
- Find a gym for practice time.
- Get a coach ? all adults on the team must be registered members and have a background screening.
- Coaching course Requirement. All coaches must have IMPACT coaches training by February 15. (Free class offered around the Region.)
- Adult Officiating Requirements. You must have at least 1 registered adult that has completed the referee requirements to be a 1st referee for playoffs. 15u & younger teams (new 14/15; was 16 & younger) must have a registered adult that has completed the scorer requirements fulfilling one of the scorer positions at the table. New 14/15: 16-18 year old junior members may assume the 'adult' scoring position once scorer certified. Must be 17-18 years old to work with 15u teams; 16-18 year olds may work with 10-14u teams.
- Junior Officiating. The kids will need to complete the junior referee or scorer courses to be referees or scorers. Teams must have R1, R2, Scorer, Libero Tracker and 2 Line judges.
- Figure out what costs you are going to charge the kids ? uniforms (figure out if they need sweat suits), coaches, gym rental, number of tournaments, etc.
- Uniforms & Libero Jersey Rules
*Solid color jersey clarifications
- The tournament schedule will be updated on My Online Camps as received and sanctioned. Teams will be allowed to start registering for tournaments online the first Saturday in December.
- Register through USAV on line. Players and coaches should get online and register for the new season before that so you have an official team roster ready to go.
Parent Information Site
Parent Information on USA Volleyball Grassroots Page
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child's many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.
S is for smiling at the growth and the glow.