11/13/12-Club administrators access to create teams, activate or inactivate teams and add members to rosters is currently turned off. Those features will be turned on soon.
Everything you need to know about running a club:
Club Personnel Information:
Website Management for USAV Teams
ClubSpaces.com offers FREE Web Management for USAV clubs
Start a Junior Club
Basics for Forming a Club
- Club Defined: Even a single team not affiliated with any other teams is a club.
- Pick a club name that is not being used. (Send in a club activation form so the club is a choice for online membership registration.)
- Send in Club Activation to the Region Office
- Forming teams is it by invitation, tryouts for all positions, tryouts for positions not filled by invitation?
- Decide on how playing time will be worked out ? earn spot, everyone plays some?but go for the win, or fairly equal time (= time not possible, = pts easier).
- Find a gym for practice time.
- Get a coach ? all adults on the team must be registered members and have a background screening.
- Coaching course Requirement. All coaches must have IMPACT coaches training by February 15. (Free class offered around the Region.)
- Adult Officiating Requirements. You must have at least 1 registered adult that will watch the officiating clinic online and take the test to be a 1st referee for playoffs.
- Junior Officiating. The kids will need to watch the online PowerPoint clinics to be referees and scorekeepers.Teams must have R1, R2, Scorer, Libero Tracker and 2 Line judges.
- Figure out what costs you are going to charge the kids ? uniforms (figure out if they need sweat suits), coaches, gym rental, number of tournaments, etc.
- Uniforms ? 6” number center front, 8” number center back. Libero uniform should not have more than 15% of main color of the regular uniforms.
- The colors of the uniforms and Libero jersey must be contrasting ? a light/dark contrast (black/purple, dark/dark would not work). Black and light violet would be a light/dark combo. See the upcoming 2014 requirements for Player and Libero Jerseys.
- The tournament schedule will be updated on My Online Camps as received and sanctioned. Teams will be allowed to start registering for tournaments online (TBD) for the whole season.
- Register through USAV on line. Players and coaches should get online and register for the new season before that so you have an official team roster ready to go.
VB Parent Information Site
Parent Information on USA Volleyball Grassroots Page
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child's many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.
S is for smiling at the growth and the glow.