2014 Iowa HP Boys Tryouts
The Iowa Region will be sending two boys teams to the Asics Junior National Championships in Chicago.
- Team ages will be 14u and 18u
- Players 14u and younger may all compete for a spot on the 14u team
- Players 15u through 18u compete for a spot on the 18u team.
To earn a spot on an Iowa Boys HP travel team, players should:
- Attend at least one HP tryouts
- Attend the Iowa HP Camp in June
- Compete at Navy Pier in Chicago!
Boys wanting a spot on a travel team should attend at least one Boys HP tryouts (you may attend more than one):
CLICK HERE to visit our HP Tryout page for all of the Tryout information.
Travel teams will be chosen based on the players who attend tryouts. Players who don't attend tryouts may still attend the Iowa HP Camp in June. We may select 1-2 additional players for teams at HP Camp, but do not guarantee that those spots will be available. To ensure an opportunity to be on a travel team, players should plan to attend at least one tryout.
What to do if you plan to tryout:
- Register for the tryout online. Click Here for instructions.
- Make sure you have a USAV Membership. If you are a member of a different Region but live or go to school in Iowa, you can take part in the Iowa HP program. However, you will not be able to register for the tryout online. If you are unable to register for tryouts online, email Michelle Goodall ([email protected]) and let her know you will be attending a tryout.
- Fill out and bring a Medical Release Form
2014 Iowa HP Boys Travel Teams
Asics Jr. National Championships
Date: June 16-17, 2014 (Monday and Tuesday)
Site: Navy Pier, Chicago
- Iowa Boys HP will enter a 14u team and an 18u team.
- The Iowa Region will pay all entry fees, provide coaches and pay all costs for coaches, and provide uniforms (players return jersey and shorts, but get to keep a shirt and a backpack)
- Players are responsible for their own lodging, travel, and food, in addition to the $150 travel fee.
Hotel Information (you can stay anywhere you like, but this is information about hotels offering special deals for the tournament)
Tournament Information including tournament manual and some hotel leads can be found on the Midwest Jr Volleyball website.
- Iowa Region coaches and staff will be staying together in a hotel downtown. Players can stay in the same hotel, but are also free to stay at any other hotel, or stay with family or friends. Remember that parking downtown and in the Navy Pier area is limited and expensive, so if you plan to drive to the playing site, get there early or plan to drop off the player prior to parking.
- Most players for each team will be selected during tryouts. The Iowa Region also reserves the right to select a few players at HP Camp who may not have attended tryouts. Because the HP Camp finishes shortly before the tournament, the Iowa Region will reserve a few extra rooms at the same hotel as the coaches that we can sell to players selected at the last second. If these rooms are not needed, we will cancel them.
- Seats are not provided in the playing facility--you may bring in a small camping chair!
Practice times and First Match Times
Iowa HP 14u
Iowa HP 18u
The rest of the playing schedule and player credentials will be given to the coaches upon check-in.
2014 Iowa HP Boys Camp
Dates: June 12-14, 2014
Site: Simpson College
Cost: $150 (includes food, lodging, and a shirt)
Boys of all ages and levels are invited to attend the Iowa HP Boys Camp!
- At camp, boys will be split 14u and younger, and 15u-18u. Boys who are 14u or 15u may be moved up or down according to the camp coach's discretion.
- Camp will be led by USA Volleyball coaches, along with college and club coaches from Iowa.
- You do not need to be on a travel team to attend! This is a great opportunity to learn volleyball skills, play with other guys, and get some court time.
- All players selected for travel teams at the tryouts are required to attend the HP Camp.
- Additional players from each age group may be selected for travel teams during HP Camp.
- Sign up by May 16, 2014
To sign up for the Iowa HP Camp, send:
- Application & Medical Release
- $150 Camp Fee
ATTN: Iowa Boys HP
Iowa Volleyball Region
4600 Park Ave. Suite 201
Des Moines, IA 5321
USAV Membership is required for all tryout and camp attendees, and travel team members for insurance purposes. If you played on a club team or took part in Iowa Region events during the club season, your membership is good for Iowa HP tryouts, camp, and travel. A $10 tryout membership is available for those without a current membership. Camp attendees who do not have a current membership and did not attend a tryout may sign up for a $15 Iowa Region summer membership. Players who are attend a tryout and are on a travel team must have a full $30 membership
2014 Iowa HP Boys Travel teams
- If you are on the travel team list, please accept or decline your spot by Monday, May 5, by emailing Michelle Goodall ([email protected])
- If you did not make the travel team list, you are still invited to attend the Iowa HP Camp!
- No one is guaranteed a starting position. Performance at HP Camp will help us to mold the team.
- If you have not already done so, send in your High Performance Camp application and medical release, along with your camp fee. This is due by June 1, 2014. Remember that you are invited to camp, whether you are listed on the travel team list or not. Travel team members are required to attend the Iowa HP Camp.