HP Playdate and Pre-Tournament Camp
- Mandatory Play date: Sunday July 13, 2014 at Champions/MVP Sports in Des Moines. CANCELLED!
- Pre-Tournament Camp: Friday July 18-Sunday July 20 at Cornell College in Mount Vernon.
All travel staff and team will meet at Cornell College for a pre-tournament training camp prior to departure to Tulsa.
- Dates: Check in Friday morning July 18-trip departure Sunday evening July 20.
- Location: Cornell College, Mount Vernon IA
- Check in: Friday morning, between 8:30am-9:30am at the Richard and Norma Small Multi-Sport Athletic Fieldhouse MAP
- Training will begin at 10am.
- Fee: No additional fee. Costs included in the travel team payment.
- Departure scheduled for 11pm on Sunday July 20.
Sunday July 20 scrimmages: UPDATED 7/17:
- GSEL & GYNT parents and fans are invited to Corridor Courts (750 44th St, Marion, IA 52302) on Sunday 7/20 to watch those HP travel teams scrimmage some area school teams and others. These scrimmage times are from 11am-2pm. The team will then travel to Kurt Trout's parent's house in Marion for an outdoor picnic, swimming, hot tubbing, etc. At this time, the teams are set to travel to and from Marion with the coaches and in private vehicles. Please contact Kurt Trout if you have any questions about this. ([email protected])
- Women's International team (WJNT) will instead, scrimmage Kirkwood at 3:30pm on the Kirkwood Campus. Parents and fans are invited to watch this team compete at Kirkwood at 3pm.
HUGE thank you to our High Performance soft line sponsor--
2014 HP Championship Tournament
2014 Location: Tulsa, OK
Dates: HP Championship competition dates July 22-26, 2014.
- Teams will travel together to Tulsa by charter bus and will depart from pre-tournament camp in Mt Vernon, IA on Sunday evening 7/20.
- Teams will stay together in the hotel
- Event information found HERE.
Cost: $800 if paying by check or cash, $830 if paying by credit card.
- This amount covers all costs at the play date, pre-tournament camp at Cornell College as well.
- All travel costs, lodging, and tournament entry costs are covered. Breakfast (and an evening manager's reception) is provided free at the hotel, but all other food costs during the HP Championships are at the player's expense (beginning once we get on the bus).
- The Iowa Region takes responsibility to chaperone players at all times (hotel, dining, at tournament). The Iowa Region also washes the team's uniform laundry daily.
Hotel: All Iowa HP teams will stay together at the Embassy Suites. Rooms for players will be booked by the Iowa Region.
Embassy Suites-Tulsa (6 miles from the Cox Convention Center)
3332 S 79th E Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74145
Online Reservations Link for Spectators: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/T/TULESES-HPI-20140720/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Hotel Amenities: Embassy Suites Tulsa is conveniently located by I-44 and Hwy 51. As an all suites, full service hotel, our signature amenities include a complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary high speed internet, evening reception with complimentary cocktails and free parking able to accommodate motor coaches . Laundry facilities on property, indoor pool, fitness room, refrigerators and microwaves in rooms, restaurant and bar on site
Airport Shuttle: Free and seats up to 12 with luggage
Parents may stay at the same hotel as the players, but are responsible for booking their own rooms. CLICK HERE for other tournament hotel information.
Local Restaurants and Area Map
Opening Ceremonies: July 22, 2014 (Some matches will be played prior to the Opening Ceremonies).
- Teams will attend Opening Ceremonies but we do not plan to attend the opening ceremony meal that night. Parents can purchase tickets to attend. More information found on the USAVolleyball HPC website.
- Players and staff are expected to wear khaki bottoms (pants, shorts, capris, skirts, etc) and their white HP long sleeve drifit shirt (which will be distributed at pretournament camp in MV).
Parking: Parking will be $8 daily with no in & out privileges.
Admission: Admission for spectators to the event will be $10 daily or a 5-day tournament pass may be purchased for $40. Kids under 12 free. (as of October 2013). Prices subject to change as tournament nears and updated prices will be listed on tournament website.
Competition Venue: Tulsa Convention Center/COX Business Center
Live Streaming: USA Volleyball streams some matches live online HERE.
Schedule: All playing schedules will be posted on AES. Schedules usually come out approximately 1 week prior to the beginning of the tournament. Grids with the format of the tournament generally come out earlier, and can be found on the USAV HP Championships website: http://usavolleyball.org/volleyball-disciplines/high-performance-indoor/2012-hp-championships
HP Championships Forms
2014 Iowa HP Girls Travel Teams
Iowa Women's International Juniors (Iowa WIJ):
- Samantha Bohnet
- Reghan Coyle
- Bailey Darnall
- Brinley Milbrath
- Sydney Nielsen
- Abigail Phillips
- Jordan Smith
- Haley Weepie
- Brittni Wright
- Coaches: Tony Sunga & Emilio Mendoza
Iowa Youth International (GYNT):
- Taliyah Flores
- Taryn Knuth
- Hannah Lockin
- Kendal Meier
- Tessa Mendoza
- Danielle Pennington
- Maggie Runge
- Karlie Taylor
- Ellie Tubbs
- Coaches: Tina Carter & Andie Olson
Iowa Youth National (GYNT):
- Anna Fluent
- Paige Frank
- Darby Hawtrey
- Megan Hudson
- Kylie Kuyava-DeBerg
- Emilee McGowan
- Denise Ssozi
- Ali Tauchen
- Kristen Zenk
- Coaches: Marc Neef & Lea Hartigan
Iowa Youth Alternates
(selected by position in event a player must decline):
- Emma Norris
- Stephany Twit
- Hallie Reuter
- Emily DeDoncker
- Tyler Duve
- Jade Putz
Iowa Select White (GSEL):
- Blake Ehler
- Jade Henderson
- Emily Holterhaus
- Madeline Laffey
- Sydney McLaren
- Rylie Olson
- Katherine Poore
- Victoria Thompson
- Jaima Tonne
- Coaches: Jeff Meeker & Lyndsey Lyon
Iowa Select Black (GSEL):
- Karly Berkland
- Anna Harman
- Brianna Hartman
- Jessica Hemm
- Megan Renner
- Anna Sinnott
- Grace Tubbs
- Elissa Von Lehmden
- Laura Vonkampen
- Coaches: Makani Cantor & April Elsbernd
Iowa Select Alternates
(Selected by position in the event a player must decline):
- Andrea Landuyt
- Ariana Rolle
- Kaley Stoulp
- Alana Woolison
Iowa HP Gear Store
Clothing is available for purchase in the Iowa HP Gear Store! We welcome anyone involved in the High Performance program to purchase any of these items, but have some items that are geared toward travel team players. To receive items in time for the 2014 High Performance Championships, you need to order by Monday, June 23, 2014.
To purchase items, CLICK HERE to go to the HP Store!
What is available? These items are optional for travel team players & fans--the Iowa Region will not be supplying warmups, spandex, or shorts this year, but we're making them available for you to purchase as desired. All items will have the Iowa HP logo.
- Warmup pants and jackets--Mizuno 9 series, pants are available in long or regular length.
- Black spandex (you may wear your own black spandex at the HP Championships--4" inseam or longer, small logo is allowed).
- Red warm-up shorts
- Iowa HP logo t-shirts: black t-shirt with a hot pink logo, and a neon yellow shirt with a black logo
- HP Camp Survivor tshirt