HP Championship Pre-Tournament Camp
- Pre-Tournament Camp & Travel Schedule
- Sunday, July 14: SE Polk HS in Pleasant Hill, IA (Des Moines)
- Compete on the sand at the Hawkeye Open on Saturday, July 13, in Des Moines, then stay for one day of required HP team practice on Sunday, July 14
- Practice will be at SE Polk HS in Pleasant Hill, IA (just east of Des Moines)
- Saturday, July 20: Check-in in Des Moines, IA
- Saturday will be practice and team bonding
- teams will stay together at Grand View University in Des Moines.
- Sunday, July 21, we will leave for Ft Lauderdale.
- You will have additional practice time in Florida
- Lunch on Saturday through breakfast on Sunday will be provided.
- Each team's coach may plan additional practice times (not mandatory)
Cost: Included in travel team payment
HP Championship Tournament
2013 Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Dates: HP Championship competition dates are July 23 - 27, 2013
- Teams will check-in for pre-tournament camp on Saturday, July 20.
- Teams will travel together to Florida on Sunday, July 21.
- Teams will return to Des Moines on Sunday, July 28.
Cost: $800 (girls)
- This amount covers all costs at the team training camp, including food.
- All travel costs, lodging, and tournament entry costs are covered. Breakfast is provided free at the hotel, but all other food costs during the HP Championships are at the player's expense (beginning once we get on the airplane).
- Spectator Tournament Entry - TBA
- Parking: TBA
Hotel: All Iowa HP teams will stay together at the Extended Stay America. Rooms for players have been booked by the Iowa Region.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale Convention Center Marina
1450 SE 17th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Reservations: 954-761-9055 (2013 USA Volleyball rate)
The USA Volleyball rate is:
$84.99/night plus tax for a Queen Studio Suite
$94.99/night plus tax for a double/double room
Rooms will have two double beds. The hotel is located two blocks from the Convention Center, and has free parking. Full kitchens are in each room, and the hotel has a complimentary "grab and go" breakfast, and free wi-fi in all rooms. There is a small deli right next to the hotel with good breakfasts and lunch, and a Panera's across the street.
Parents may stay at the same hotel as the players, but are responsible for booking their own rooms. CLICK HERE for other tournament hotel information.
Opening Ceremonies: July 23, 2013. (Some matches will be played on July 23, prior to the Opening Ceremonies).
Parking: Parking is available at the Florida Convention Center, and is $15.
Admission: Admission for spectators will be $10 daily or a 5-day tournament pass may be purchased for $40. Kids under 12 are free. These prices are current as of Feb. 2013, and may be subject to change as the tournament nears.
Live Streaming: USA Volleyball streams some matches live online.
Schedule: All playing schedules will be posted on AES. Schedules usually come out approximately 1 week prior to the beginning of the tournament. Grids with the format of the tournament generally come out earlier, and can be found on the USAV HP Championships website: http://usavolleyball.org/volleyball-disciplines/high-performance-indoor/2012-hp-championships
A HUGE thank you to Jethro's BBQ for donating the sauce for the barbeque on Monday evening!!
HP Championships Forms
2012 Iowa HP Travel Teams
2012 Iowa Region WJNT Teams
These athletes who have been selected to the 2012 Iowa Women's Junior National Teams.
Congratulations, what an honor!