Upcoming Scorekeeping Clinics
Live Scoring Clinics for 2012 will only be offered for Adult members and coaches. The attendees should already have viewd the online Scoring clinic. These clinics are intended to help the adults train their Junior club players on the USAV score sheet. To set up a clinic contact the Iowa Region Office at [email protected] or contact Karshon Carlson at [email protected] .
New Scoring Procedures
Here are new scorekeeping updates for the 2012/13 season.
- Libero Serving: the libero can now serve for all levels of USAV play. CLICK HERE for instructions on how to mark the libero serving on the score sheet.
- Hourglass Points: When playing 21-point sets at a tournament, the set will begin with a score of 4-4, and end at 25. On the scoresheet, the first four (4) points for each team will be hourglassed prior to beginning the set.
Scoring Aids & Score Sheets
Additional Materials - Practice & Examples
Additional Materials - Scoring Sheets
Junior Scoring Clinic Information
ATTENTION ! ! New requirements as of 11/15
Due to problems with the testing on the junior modules a new clinic process is being implemented.
Referee Clinics & Scoring Clinic - Please note that to complete the officials clinic requirments you need to go to
DO NOT HIT THE TAKE FOR CREDIT BUTTON.
Simply view the modules only
Take the five modules
- Junior First Referee
- Junior Second Referee
- Junior Scorer
- Libero Control
- Junior Line Judge
No Test Needed.
To Report Results
Club Directors or Team Coaches need to send in a Spread Sheet with names of players and coaches having finished the modules. Email results to [email protected]
Former Online Referee and Scorekeeping Certification Process
This year members can take the referee and scorekeeping exams online, and their scores for each module and certifications will automatically be entered directly into their USA Volleyball membership; once they are placed on a roster, their certifications will show on their roster. To ensure this process works correctly, you will need to have your USA Volleyball membership number when signing in and taking the referee exams.
The course you are required to take is titled New Introduction to Scoring.
You can choose to go through the referee and scorekeeping certification process two ways with your club members: require each individual to take the online course and exams, or do the clinics together as a team.
- This is the preferred method. (This allows each individuals scores to be directly applied to their USAV membership, and saves the Iowa Region office staff hours of entering data).
- Each individual will complete the clinic and exam online, so it can be done at a time and location that is convenient.
- Be sure to have you USAV membership number.
- go to www.volleyballreftraining.org and follow these Step-by-Step Instructions
Clinic as a Team
- Click Here to watch the clinic online.
- Advance to the test at the end of each clinic. Take the test as a group until 100% is reached.
- Send a spreadsheet to the Iowa Region with all clinics and tests completed by each participant (email to [email protected])
- Include Club, team name, and the name of the person monitoring the clinics
- Clinic attendees should be listed in alphabetical order with Last name, First name, and then the name of the clinic. If the clinic list is handwritten, it must still be in alphabetical order, and must be legible.