Upcoming Referee Clinics
Live Referee Clinics will only be offered for Adult members and coaches. Attendees should already have viewed the online referee clinics. These are intended to help the adults train their Junior club players at their practices and tournaments.
To set up a clinic contact the Iowa Region Office at [email protected] or contact John Mauch [email protected]
National Ref Clinic
The Iowa Region and the Great Plains Region run a join National Referee Clinic every year. The 2012/13 clinic will be on January 5, 2013, in Omaha, NE.
More information and registration will be on the Great Plains Region website: http://www.gpvb.org/page/advanced-ref-clinic
New USAV Officials Training Site
As you may have heard, USA Volleyball has made its official training website, www.volleyballreftraining.org the sole destination for all things to do with USAV rules and officials. The revamped VRT has been consolidated with all the materials needed by officials of all levels and disciplines – referees, scorers, and line judges – into a single, easy-to-navigate site.
Referee instructions, casebooks and a blog are some of the officials materials. The Score sheets and instructions on scoring techniques are full or information. Many of these presentations have been broken into small sections so that you can easily review an area you missed at a live clinic or just to break your online clinics into smaller easier to focus modules.
Adult Players not on Junior Clubs
Adult players not associated with a Junior Club should follow the directions for Individuals to receive referee certification, but take the courst titled Indoor Refereeing - General Education.
Junior Referee Clinic
ATTENTION ! ! New requirements as of 11/15
Due to problems with the testing on the junior modules a new clinic process is being implemented.
Referee Clinics & Scoring Clinic - Please note that to complete the officials clinic requirments you need to go to
DO NOT HIT THE TAKE FOR CREDIT BUTTON.
Simply view the modules only
Take the five modules
- Junior First Referee
- Junior Second Referee
- Junior Scorer
- Libero Control
- Junior Line Judge
No Test Needed.
To Report Results
Club Directors or Team Coaches need to send in a Spread Sheet with names of players and coaches having finished the modules. Email results to [email protected]
Former Online process
Each team must have at least one person on the roster who has completed the referee clinic. However, we strongly recommend that everyone completes the referee clinic every year, so that everyone knows the rules and is capable of refereeing!
This year members can take the referee and scorekeeping exams online, and their scores for each module and certifications will automatically be entered directly into their USA Volleyball membership; once they are placed on a roster, their certifications will show on their roster. To ensure this process works correctly, you will need to have your USA Volleyball membership number when signing in and taking the referee exams.
The required course is titled Juniors First Referee Clinic.
You can choose to go through the referee and scorekeeping certification process two ways with your club members: require each individual to take the online course and exams, or do the clinics together as a team.
- This is the preferred method. (This allows each individuals scores to be directly applied to their USAV membership, and saves the Iowa Region office staff hours of entering data).
- Each individual will complete the clinic and exam online, so it can be done at a time and location that is convenient.
- Be sure to have you USAV membership number.
- go to www.volleyballreftraining.org and follow these Step-by-Step Instructions
Clinic as a Team
- Clinician should pre-view the clinic and take the test prior to viewing with the team.
- Click Here to watch the clinic online.
- Advance to the test at the end of each clinic. Take the test as a group until 100% is reached.
- Send a spreadsheet to the Iowa Region with all clinics and tests completed by each participant (email to [email protected])
- Include Club, team name, and the name of the person monitoring the clinics
- Clinic attendees should be listed in alphabetical order with Last name, First name, and then the name of the clinic. If the clinic list is handwritten, it must still be in alphabetical order, and must be legible.
Required Clinic Materials