General IMPACT Information
IMPACT (Increased Mastery and Professional Application of Coaching Theory)
- All coaches are required to attend an IMPACT training course and become IMPACT Certified (Junior age asst. coaches included). This requirement helps cover liability issues for the Regions, Junior Clubs, Junior Teams and Junior Coaches.
- Preferably coaches and assistant coaches should be certified before their first practices.
- DEADLINE - for certification is February 15th or 6 weeks after registering.
- High School coaching certifications will NOT be accepted to fulfill this requirement.
- If you have attended a clinic in past years, this will meet the requirement.
- All adult coaches must also complete SafeSport training.
IMPACT Clinic Sign Up
To sign up for an Iowa Region IMPACT Clinic
- Login to your USA Volleyball Membership page
- On the left side bar, under USAV & Region Events, click on Region Coaching Clinics
IMPACT CLINIC RESOURCE LINK
Set Up an IMPACT Clinic
To set up an IMPACT Clinic you will need a site (room/classroom/cafeteria/church hall) and several dates that might work.
Eastern Iowa Contact
Cedar Rapids (Michelle Goodall)
[email protected] (515-229-6114)
Iowa City (Kurt Trout)
[email protected] (319-621-5772)
Iowa City (David Rodgers)
[email protected] (319-337-3613)
Central/ North Central Iowa Contact
[email protected] (515-727-1860)
[email protected] (515-291-1523)
All other Areas
[email protected] (515-727-1860)
IMPACT Manual Chapter 2
Chapter 2 from 2013-14 IMPACT manual on Risk Management.
A Must read.... a great Review......
- Click Here for Chapter 2
USA Volleyball On Demand IMPACT
USA Volleyball On Demand Webinar
If you are unable to make an Iowa Region session, you may take this 6 hour on demand and prerecorded clinic in your own home, at your own pace (within 21 days from start to finish). You can start/stop as your schedule allows and there is a required test at the conclusion.
Cost is $50 to Iowa Region Members.
IOWA IMPACT Clinic Options and Dates
All coaches and assistant coaches regardless of age need to attend an IMPACT clinic. You are only required to attend the clinic once. You can check you membership card for IMPACT or CAP certification if you cannot remember.
Please check back periodically for additional options.
Sign up for all Iowa Region clinics online through your log in on Webpoint (log in HERE and then locate registration options under "Region Coaching Clinic" tab on upper left).
10/26 clinic canceled on 10/25 due to low enrollment. Sunday, October 26, 3-7pm Iowa Region Office, Clive, IA. Clinician: Brett Myres
Wednesday, November 5, 6-10pm Iowa Region Office, Clive, IA. Clinician: Lynne Updegraff
Monday, November 17, 6-10pm Iowa Region Office, Clive, IA. Clinician: Lynne Updegraff
Tuesday, December 2, 6-10pm Iowa Region Office, Clive, IA. Clinician: Lynne Updegraff
Friday, December 5, 6-10pm Iowa City, IA. Clinician: David Rodgers
Monday, December 15, 6-10pm Iowa City, IA. Clinician: David Rodgers
Thursday, January 8, 6-10pm Live WEBINAR. Clinicians: Lynne Updegraff & Michelle Goodall
Wednesday, January 21, 5:30-9:30pm Cedar Rapids, IA. Clinician: Michelle Goodall
Last call! Wednesday February 11, 6-10pm Live WEBINAR. Clinicians: Lynne Updegraff & Michelle Goodall.
Participants travel to the specified training site for a 4 hour onsite, interactive coaching clinic or participate in a 4 hour webinar from their own home. FREE to Iowa Region Members.
USA Volleyball IMPACT Clinics & Webinars (for FEE options):
Their clinics are listed HERE. Please note that while these clinics certainly fulfill your IMPACT requirements, there are fees associated with each of these clinics.