General IMPACT Information
IMPACT (Increased Mastery and Professional Application of Coaching Theory)
- All coaches are required to attend an IMPACT training course and become IMPACT Certified (Junior age asst. coaches included). This requirement helps cover liability issues for the Regions, Junior Clubs, Junior Teams and Junior Coaches.
- Preferably coaches and assistant coaches should be certified before their first practices.
- DEADLINE - for certification is February 15th or 6 weeks after registering.
- High School coaching certifications will NOT be accepted to fulfill this requirement.
- If you have attended a clinic in past years, this will meet the requirement.
IMPACT Clinic Sign Up
To sign up for an Iowa Region IMPACT Clinic
- Login to your USA Volleyball Membership page
- On the left side bar, under Event Registration, click on Region Coaching Clinics
IMPACT CLINIC RESOURCE LINK
Set Up an IMPACT Clinic
To set up an IMPACT Clinic you will need a site (room/classroom/cafeteria/church hall) and several dates that might work.
Eastern Iowa Contact
Cedar Rapids (Michelle Goodall)
[email protected] (515-229-6114)
Iowa City (Kurt Trout)
[email protected] (319-621-5772)
Iowa City (David Rodgers)
[email protected] (319-337-3613)
Central/ North Central Iowa Contact
[email protected] (515-727-1860)
[email protected] (515-291-1523)
All other Areas
[email protected] (515-727-1860)
IMPACT Manual Chapter 2
Chapter 2 from IMPACT manual on Risk Management.
A Must read.... a great Review......
- Click Here for Chapter 2
USA Volleyball On Demand IMPACT
USA Volleyball On Demand Webinar
If you are unable to make an Iowa Region session, you may take this 6 hour on demand and prerecorded clinic in your own home, at your own pace (within 21 days from start to finish). You can start/stop as your schedule allows and there is a required test at the conclusion.
Cost is $50 to Iowa Region Members.
IMPACT Clinic Options and Dates
All coaches and assistant coaches regardless of age need to attend an IMPACT clinic. You are only required to attend the clinic once. You can check you membership card for IMPACT or CAP certification if you cannot remember.
Iowa Region Dates: No More Scheduled at this time.
Participants travel to a specified training site for a 4 hour onsite, interactive coaching clinic. FREE to Iowa Region Members.
Please check back often as more clinics will be added soon.
- Sunday Nov 17 -- Des Moines, Iowa Region Office
- Tuesday Dec 3 -- Cedar Rapids. Kennedy High School
- Wednesday Dec 4 -- Ames
- Sunday Dec 8 -- Davenport, Central High School
- Monday Dec 9 -- Des Moines, Iowa Region Office
- Sunday Dec 15 -- Beckman High School in Dyersville, Iowa
- Monday Dec 16 -- Iowa City, City High School
- Sunday January 5 -- 6-10pm. Online
- Monday January 6 -- 6-10PM. Online
- Wednesday Jan 8 -- Cedar Rapids, Kennedy High School
- Sunday Jan 12 -- Lewis Central High School
- Thursday January 30--- 6-10pm Online
- Wednesday February 12 -- 6-10pm Last Call Webinar
USA Volleyball IMPACT Clinics & Webinars (for FEE options):
USA Volleyball offers a few additional potential options. Their clinics are listed HERE. Please note that while these clinics certainly fulfill your IMPACT requirements, there are fees associated with each of these clinics.